Brain Food – Diet for Neurological Health
Supplement and diet recommendations for patients of Cardiovascular Interventions who have dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinsonism, or any other neurocognitive dysfunction or degenerative disorder.
This information is not intended provide medical advice or take the place of your physician’s advice. All readers should consult their physician before making any diet, nutrition, medication, or lifestyle changes. Any action you take upon the information here is strictly at your own risk.
- Ginkgo 240 mg a day
- Panax Ginseng 200mg a day
- Fish oils (pharmaceutical grade), 2 g a day
- B12 complex, methylated
- Vitamin C, 1 g a day
- Coenzyme Q10 200 mg a day
- MCT (Medium-chain triglycerides) oil 1 tbsp a day
- Vitamin-D3, aim for a level greater than 50
- MUST AVOID: BREAD, COOKIES, PROCESSED FOODS, ANYTHING MADE FROM FLOUR, NO SUGAR, NO HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, NO FOOD ADDITIVES, NO COLORINGS
- Time restricted feeding on a daily basis: Eat within a 6-hour window. Do not snack in between at all. Consume only water, or non-caloric drinks such as black tea, black coffee, but avoid sweeteners at all costs.
- Good foods: Onions, avocado, corn, garlic, pineapple, mango, ginger, sweet peas, eggplant, cauliflower, kiwi, cabbage, grapefruit, sweet potato, cantaloupe, broccoli, Brussels sprouts
- Foods to avoid: The following foods may be high in pesticides and Herbicides: Apples, celery, tomatoes, cucumbers, grapes, nectarines, peaches, potatoes, spinach, strawberries, bell peppers
- Chocolate: Cacao, greater than 75%
- Nuts: Almonds and sesame nuts
- Spice: Curcumin
- Fiber: Apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp a day, inulin plus FOS 1 scoop a day, at least half a cup of Kefir daily, Sauerkraut, complex vegetable carbohydrates
- Oils: The only oil that should be consumed are Ghee, olive oil and absolutely no vegetable seed oils
- Cooking: No aluminum pots and pans, no plastics whatsoever, no nonstick pans. Okay to use stainless steel cooking utensils or cast iron or ceramic utensils
- Other advice: two eggs a day, fish 3 times a week, all meat must be organic and grass finished, organic chicken, sardines, cruciferous vegetables.