The Galen Foundation
The Galen Foundation Mission
To fill the knowledge gap between science and the public on health maintenance. A complete mind-body-soul approach supported by todays science and yesterdays wisdom. View recent lectures here:
Who was Galen?
Galen was the physician to Marcus Aurelius, emperor of Rome and the gladiators. He introduced the meaning of the word doctor, one who teaches; a doctrine is a teaching.
The true role of a physician is to teach patients to heal themselves from disease and to take preventative measures to faster health and will being. Galen taught that health is not just the absence of disease but a complete balance of mind body and spirit; happiness and peace are cherished goals.
With theses foundations, it is the goal of The Galen Foundation to enhance knowledge on health issues in our communities.
Galen needs your generous support to bring valuable health lectures and writing to the public. Once one is empowered into knowledge and awareness about prevention, healthful living and effective treatment options, patients make greater strides in achieving their goals of complete healing.
The Galen Foundation Goals
- Established to propagate health information to the public.
- Return illness and disease to health and healing through lifestyle and mind style changes.
- Enhance health and well being through knowledge and awareness.
- Foster a more stress free life through stress management strategies encompassing the newest as well as oldest methods.
- Propagate information on proven safe and effective medical therapies
- Enhance psychoanalytical awareness to foster a sense of peace and balance with holistic living.
- Education in the strategic value of exercise and fitness for mental and physical well being.
- Propagate information for preventative medicine
- Enhance awareness of the importance of food nutrition and diet to mental and physical well being.
About the Founder
Pradip Jamnadas, MD MBBS, FACC, FSCAI, FCCP, FACC
The founder and chairman of The Galen Foundation is a medical graduate of the University College of London, England with post-graduate training at Yale University in Cardiology. He has a successful specialty practice in Orlando, Florida since 1990 and performs interventional procedures and is a consultant cardiologist with a large diversified inpatient and outpatient practice. He has been recognized in Orlando Magazine as Top Doctor in Cardiology for multiple years over the past decade. He is also a clinical assistant professor of medicine at The Florida State University. He is a renowned lecturer and teacher, with a passion for high tech interventions when called for, yet places greater emphasis on prevention measures.